rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

RIP Othercat 1983 - 2005

The old gal has packed it in. Born in Ottawa in 1983, the other one has followed us on our adventures all over North America. She was a most excellent cat. She returned years of affection and a kind of inter-species loyalty for a regular meal and a place to crap. She was on to her job when we had a mouse problem. She kept Spot in line most of the time. Pretty good deal for everyone.

Unfortunately, the ravages of age proved too much for other, and we had to put her to sleep. I'm still teary eyed at the thought of her drifting off when the good doctor pushed the plunger. It was peaceful, and the right thing to do, but even so, it's a big bummer. I'm gonna go play my horn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home