rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Grendel and the Djembe

Grendel is cowering between my legs as I write this. The little fugger doesn't know what to make of Sassinak's djembe, which I have just brought here in preparation for a jam session on Thursday. He discovered it a few minutes ago, and started barking at it as soon as he spotted it. I figured he was just sounding off at Spot, who is nonchalantly watching from her perch on the couch. I came to see what the fuss is about, and found him. It's a pretty weird reaction. Grendel is on one side growling and barking, and the djembe is just sitting there waiting for someone to strike it.

Who knows what goes on in that tiny brain sometimes? Me? I like drums and drummers. Grendel isn't so sure I guess. We'll just have to wait until Sass and Susan come along to play on Thursday to see what the reaction is then. I'll be playing saxophones. Sass and Sue will be drumming, and I guess Grendel is going to take care of the lead vocals.

Owoooooo! Rrrrrrrr.... Yap.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home