rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Monday, August 08, 2005

The Heat is On

I'm supposed to be working today, but instead, I'm "f@$#ing the dog". That's slang for taking it really easy. It's too darn hot again, and I cut my weekend short to come back to work yesterday anyway. I spend a lovely day on Saturday hiking on the Bruce Trail and swimming at the rocky shore of Georgian Bay with my best pal Lividviv. She wasn't so livid despite the nickname she bestowed upon herself. Apparently she had never set foot on the Bruce Trail before, and I took it upon myself to rectify the situation. I took her to a particularly nice spot that overlooks the entire Nottawasaga Valley and Nottawasaga Bay. It was hot outside, but under the forest canopy, the temperature is a few degrees cooler. When the heat is on, there's nothing better than jumping in the lake or finding cover in the Grey County Forest.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:35 p.m., Blogger Lia said…

    aww good times. today i went swimming in lion's head (as you know) with an extremely handsome man who runs an organic food store (as you don't know). clear cold water and a lobster tan. i used 23 year old calamine lotion on it and it feels a wee bit better. well maybe not. whuthehell.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home