rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's hectic having a TV star for a housemate

Holy cow!

PJ has been away for a few days on his TV shoot. England has been good to him. We're all excited for him, and we can't wait til airtime. Apparently he's getting the hang of yapping at a camera instead of throngs of genealogists. Good On Ya, as they say down under.

In the meantime, the computer geekery has gotten quite busy while he's been away. I am definitely feeling the time pinch between the puppy sitting and keeping the wheels of industry turning. I've had to do battle with the phone company because they broke one of my customer's internet connection. It's a long, ugly story which doesn't bear repeating. It's just business as usual. Even so, I'm getting lots of stuff done even without PJ to help out.

Of course you're all wondering why I'm complaining about time, when I have time to whine about it on my blog. I guess I should just sit still and take a few good breaths. I probably need them. Spot does too.

The thing is, I've come to realize that I've got to make more time for the little fugger who has invaded my life. My man from Michigan, LSD has kindly offered his advice on making some progress with Grendel's training. With PJ gone, I think I shall introduce Grendel to a crate. It will be his place and it will reinforce the idea that I'm the alpha dog, not him. The other upside will be that PJ won't have to endure Grendel's complaints as the dog gets used to the crate. I suspect the next couple of weeks are going to be exciting round these parts, just like the last two. I'll keep you posted on our progress.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home