rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Down But Not Out


Spot has survived her brush with mortality, and comes home this evening.

Apparently, the auld cat has regained her appetite, and is strong enough to come home, as long as I administer sub-cutaneous fluids to keep her fluids up. I guess she's like an old car. We love it, but the car burns a litre of oil to go any distance, and you have to top it up once in a while.

After all we've been through, I'm surprised Spot made it at all. I guess she's more of a fighter than we figured. I honestly thought I'd have to make a tough decision on Monday. Here it is two days later, and Spot is rallying. Go Barncats!

Grendel should keep his distance, because I'm sure Spot will be in no mood for a young knuckleheaded puppy after four days in the hospital. The feline equivalent of swearing like a sailor will issue forth, and Grendel will know in no uncertain terms that Spot doesn't want any of his juvenile crap.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home