rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Kinda Bummed






It's a beautiful day in Toronto today. The sun is shining, and there isn't a cloud in the sky. The streets are full of people going about their business and enjoying the street performers on Yonge St. Despite all this I'm a little down.

Spot, my auld feline is not doing so well. She is off her food, and doesn't have any spring left in her step. She's sleeping most of the time, and she isn't her usual self. She can't even rouse herself to fight with Grendel. She'll throw a swing at him and growl a little bit, and then she'll just sit there staring at him hoping he'll lose interest and go somewhere else.

Spot has been around since 1991. If she lasts another month she'll celebrate her fifteenth birthday on August 18. Pretty good for an old feline. I would rather not see her fading away so quickly, but such is life. When you don't feel like carrying on, there's not much anyone else can do about it. I hope the good Doctor can help tomorrow when I take her to the clinic.

I'll keep you posted. Until then, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that things turn around for the old kitty.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home