rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Late Response to a blog tag

Here's a list of Blog Tag that Sassinak fired at me a few weeks back. It's overdue, but at least I've mustered the courage to finish it up and bare my soul. I tag Handsome Jack, and if Jollyreid ever starts a blog, she's tagged too.

1. Things that scare me.

Cancer
Unchecked pollution
neoconservatives

2. People who make me laugh.

The Paperguy
Hubris
in fact, most of my friends
neoconservatives

3. Things I hate most.

litterbugs
Bitchy People (especially when I'm one of them)
neoconservatives

4. Things I don't understand.

Suicide Bombers
Depleted Uranium based weapons
neoconservatives (I detect a theme)

5. Things I'm doing right now.

Listening to some music
Playing with Grendel
Laundry

6. Things I want to do before I die.

Lead my own band
Hike the entire Bruce Trail
Drive across Canada
Stop being mildly paranoid
Learn to be more patient

7. Things I can do.

Play saxophone
Fix computers
Breathe

8. Ways to describe my personality.

Alternately quiet and introspective to gregarious and outgoing. Manic

9. Things I can't do. (yet)

Write a novel
Brain Surgery
Tolerate ignorance

10. Things I think you should listen to.

JS Bach's Mass in B Minor
Deer Wan by Kenny Wheeler
Free Jazz by Ornette Coleman
Your own heart

11. Things you should never listen to.


Britney Whatshername
Paris Hilton
Kenny G
neoconservatives

12. Things I'd like to learn.

How to play piano
Live off the land

13. Favorite foods.

Sushi
Eggs Benedict
Korean BBQ

14. Beverages I drink regularly.

Coffee/Tea
Beer
Whiskey
Water

15. Shows I watched as a kid.

The Tommy Hunter Show (Canada's Country Gentleman)
Get Smart
Hockey Night in Canada
The Friendly Giant
The FBI

***

2 moments in your life you'd like to erase


Only two? Getting married and getting arrested. Not sure which was worse, but I think it was getting arrested. Jane Rat wasn't that bad.

4 moments you'd like to relive:

I'm content having lived most moments once. There are some things I'd like to do again, but reliving previous things is a little redundant if your memory is intact. The memory might be better than the original event.

2 places you wouldn't want to go to/go to again:

Riyadh
Calgary

4 places you can't wait to visit/visit again

Jeez... only four....
Dublin
Iqaluit
Ottawa
New Orleans

2 foods you can't stand:

Fried Liver
Overcooked beef

4 foods you love:

If there are only four I can mention here goes:
Sushi
Rare Filet Mignon
Baked Ham
Pollo Relleno

2 current songs that make you change the station:

What's current? I don't listen to radio because it's either annoying or banal.
I'm in agreement with Sassinak on this one.

4 records you play over and over:

Cassandra Wilson's new CD
Discipline by King Crimson
Brandenburg Concerto #5 (especially the version by Musica Antiqua Koln)
Uninvisible by Medeski Martin and Wood

2 books you'd never finish/read again:

I once read a book by Rush Lumbaugh. What an asshole!
Worlds in Collision by Velikovsky. What an asshole!

4 books you have read more than once, and/or will read again:

Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky
100 Years of Solitude by Marquez
The Beginners Guide to Constructing the Universe
The Creators by Daniel Boorstin

4 Comments:

  • At 3:06 p.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    check this out huneeb linked you! (http://huneebsweets.blogspot.com/)

    also? i don't know why but i'm kind of getting the impression you don't like neoconservatives...?

    also? i like your number three a lot.

     
  • At 12:20 p.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    okay Other ... I'll get back to you on this. :) Sorry about the overcooked beef.

     
  • At 12:51 p.m., Blogger othercat said…

    I can't complain about Jack's beef. I was thinking more about the dried out roasts my mum prepares. She's from the old-school of cooking where meat is always well done due to longer storage and inadequate refrigeration. Old habits are hard to break, and many folks from my parents generation tend to abuse their food this way. The only complaint I have with Jack's roast beef is the lack of horseradish, which I'll rectify when I go to Anton's at the market.

     
  • At 9:06 a.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    oooo yes, the really good stuff that clears the sinuses and gets all those little mucus membranes working properly :)

    Me mom used to do the same thing, overcooking I mean. Like the all day turkey roast - 10 hours in a slow oven - even a Butterball can't survive the desert cooking technique.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home