rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Musical Blog Tag

"List ten songs that you are currently digging ... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to."

To start with, I don't think I know 5 people who blog. I have four friends who blog, so here goes:


  • Number Six - Miroslav Vitous Group

  • Boguinene - Ibrahim Ferrer (Buenos Hermanos)

  • Euthenasia Waltz - Brand X (Livestock)

  • Listen Now - Phil Manzanera/801 (Listen Now)

  • Canyon Two Step - Bill Grove/White Noise

  • Mind Ecology - Shakti w/ John McLaughlin(Natural Elements)

  • Five Brothers - Keith Jarrett Trio (The Out of Towners)

  • Dark Prince - Geri Allen (The Gathering)

  • Song For Bilbao - Michael Brecker (Tails from the Hudson)

  • Riot - Keith Jarrett Trio (Inside Out)



I have to admit that this list is extremely incomplete. If I were to admit to any kind of fanaticism, it would have to be musical. I could add to this list all day, and it would still be incomplete. It's usually esoteric and weird because that's the way I am. It's too bad Sam and HMV don't have a weird section. Some of these selections are rather conventional, but you'll notice that only two of them are vocal. I tend to prefer instrumental music for some reason.

And if you care to respond, I tag GreenHedonist, Lividviv, and Tania. Sassinak has tagged me, so I can't get her to repeat herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home