rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Spineless Othercat

PJ has been lobbying for a little dog. Spot doesn't want one. I'm not crazy about the idea, but like most invertebrates, I'm spineless. PJ keeps upping the ante, and downsizing the prospective dog too. First it was something like a small mutt or a Jack Russell. Next it was a Miniature Pinscher. Then he laid eyes on a really small chihuahua last month, and he's hooked.

This creature was so small that a slight breeze was pushing it sideways on the street. Chihuahuas are cute little suckers, but like most men, with testosterone coursing through their veins, I would never admit that a chihuahua was even a dog. More like a rat or something. Are you with me men? My masculinity is at stake. What am I to do. I couldn't possibly be caught out of doors walking something that resembles a dog, but is way too small for a self respecting guy.

The only one on my side is Spot. I suspect she'll be quite irritated by the idea of a canine smaller than her running about the condo. The chihuahua might kill her... by getting stuck in her throat. The only upside to this whole dog debate is that PJ likes the name I would give it. I figured a good dose of irony would work. We would call it Grendel, after the sullen cannibal monster in the old English story of Beowulf.

Maybe Sassinak will come to my defense, but then PJ is good at ignoring her too!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 p.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    oh dude
    a chihuahua? i think i will be forced to make merciless fun of you for weeks and weeks.... and then some more.

    dude seriously... go get a kitten!

     
  • At 12:40 a.m., Blogger Lia said…

    I think you should totally get the dog. Anything to have a pet named Grendel!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home