rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Are you having a weird week too?

First there was the election. Next came my poor distraught kitty cat. I found out that my cousin's daughter had a wipe out on her snowboard. She's been in the Hospital for Sick Children with a ruptured spleen for the last few days. Next, PJ's uncle Wally died and we attended his funeral today. And to top it all off, I'm off to a second memorial service tomorrow evening for another friend's mum, who passed away a few days ago. It doesn't get any weirder does it? One thing after another.

The election results were unfortunate, but the guy I voted for won his seat. Spot is on the mend, and seems to be taking to her new diet without any complaints. Our snowboarder is recovering nicely too, so that's good news. She's keeping track of all the friends and relatives who are taking an effort to call or drop by. I made it for one visit, so I'm on the list.

As for Uncle Wally and SR's mum, all we can do is rally around the living and offer our condolences. Uncle Wally was 83 years old, and despite the fact his demise was unexpected, he lived a long life. The saddest event is SR's mum. She passed away in surgery with the hope of gaining some relief from a chronic condition. I don't recall how old she was, but it stinks that she willingly underwent surgery only to perish from the effort. She was a nice woman, and had the affection of all who met her.

The world works in mysterious ways as the old saying goes. Sometimes we win, and sometimes we lose. We all live in hope that things will improve. I am hoping next week isn't as weird as this one. I'm not exactly certain which way is up right now. But don't worry about me. Just reach out and show some love for whoever needs it. It might be you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home