rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Wobbly Pop Database


My pal Sass is going to be disappointed, but it is better she hear from me than some anonymous stranger.

I found a Beer database at http://beer.trash.net/. I did some snooping around to look for some of my favourites, and some of the odd ones I've savoured over the years. To my delight I found a reference for Xingu, a lovely pint from Brazil. I heartily recommend it if you ever get a chance. But getting back to the subject, Sass' favourite, from the Big Rock Brewery, Kold, has only a three bottlecap rating. I'm sure she's going to be writing letters to her Member of Parliament about the terrible slight.

I've taken a few slurps of Kold myself, and Sass' opinion of this fine brew holds up. The rating system goes from one bottlecap (really bad) to five bottlecaps (bloody excellent). Kold, get three, which translates into OK. Boy, is she gonna be irritated! Of course the database was created in the spirit of fun, and I hope your favourite holds up. The database has over 2000 beers from around the world, and it's got some lovely ones. It just hasn't rated Sass' favourite wobbly pop properly.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:56 p.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    well it isn't my favourite EVER but it sure is delicious.

    only three bottle caps huh?

    how did stella do? grolsch? tuborg?

    :)

    damm cold is at least a four...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home