rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Eugenia

River running boldly
Across the rocky face
Rolling steady downstream
Every river in it's place

The stones will yield
The water flows
How long it rushes
Only Gaia knows

A gentle trickle
A mighty roar
Spirits unfolding
On the rocky shore

River running wildly
Over the rocky scree
Falling past the brink
It feels what it can't see

The trees embrace
The rocks constrain
The river flows
Take away the rain

********************

I couldn't help thinking about water after the deluge this past afternoon. Rain came down hard and didn't appear to have any obstacles in it's way. Wayne and I mopped up for an hour or so when his basement flooded. Tornados set down in southwestern Ontario. Sassinak was on the way to a campsite that was likely soaking by the time she arrived. I found out that my pal's marriage ended. It's hard not to think about water when you have a day like this, whether it's tears or raindrops. It can be cathartic and it can be hurtful, but it always passes, just like the river.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:54 p.m., Blogger Lia said…

    that should be a song, other.

     
  • At 2:22 a.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    yeah she's right dude.

    also i love the water metaphor, it's very apt. and yes, the tent area WAS soaked!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home