rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Big Ball, Little Dog

My pilates teacher recommended that I get myself a big ball for doing some cool breathing exercises on. So I scurried over to the Lululemon store down the street and purchased one. Upon my arrival home, I inflated the ball and left it to sit over night. You need to give it some time to let the wrinkles disappear.

A new wrinkle has appeared however. Grendel, whom you all know and love, has taken to chasing balls around the house, and he has even taken to bringing them back to me on occasion. Smart little fugger. Grendel is a spoiled little brat and has several balls of various sizes to deal with. He can get his tiny mouth around a tennis ball and carry it back to me. Anything bigger and he has difficulty.

He took one look at the pilates toning ball and raised his paw defiantly. Apparently his sense of self preservation kicked in, and he then took off when I gently rolled the enormous ball towards him. He's been back for another look, but I'm sure he'll take his time dealing with this particular ball. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home