rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

carazy puppy make me want to shout

The little fugger did it again.

He ate something he shouldn't have last night. I was happily enjoying a VPP with Sassinak when Grendel did something that puppies do. He guzzled something he shouldn't have. And for the next hour or so, I tapped away at the keyboard to be polite. and watched the six month old eejit in the hopes he would toss his biscuits. Fortunately, he did. It was a welcome and fragrant lump on the couch at the end of the night. PuppyBarf is a good thing sometimes. Especially when you're worried that your particular little fugger has ingested something you'd rather he didn't.

What the hell gets into the mind of a puppy I'd like to know. Don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed eating supposedly toxic substances like alcohol and mushrooms, and you know what? I survived and had a great time trying. As an older homo sapiens, (man the wise) I can say I know to avoid these sorts of things most of the time, and to think fondly of the times that I didn't know better. But puppies don't have the faculties we do. And they will eat all sorts of stuff. Because it's shiny, or because we've already said "No!

jeez... the damn puppy is going to drive me to drink.

P.S.. ask Sassinak what a VPP is. We invented it, but I'm not talking.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:24 a.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    The good thing is that puppies barf readily, as do cats, full grown dogs, and most animals in fact. It makes up for the lack of understanding on what is good to eat and what is not. A bit of hoopla and it's all over. Me old cat Max liked to eat tinsel off the Christmas tree. There were often little slimy balls of the stuff lying around, usually in the hallway just outside the bathroom door at night where your bare foot had the best chance of finding it when you were trying to sneak in for a weewee without waking up. That pretty much cured me of using tinsel - that and cat grass, you know those little tubs you buy at the corner flower shop that are supposed to be good for your cat and then you find little piles of green goopy stuff on the carpet - it's always on the carpet isn't it, never on the tiles.

     
  • At 1:22 p.m., Blogger  said…

    hee hee. dang pup. thank god for the barfing reflex!
    my cats barf all the time and yet, no poiseon was enjested... dang cats!!

     
  • At 1:23 p.m., Blogger  said…

    forgive my horrid typing and spelling...
    sigh

     
  • At 11:45 p.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    i'll consider telling

    but it will be expensive.

     
  • At 11:55 p.m., Blogger othercat said…

    Delightful little creatures, cat and dogs.

    "Don't mind me. I'm a quadruped. I'm gonna do something gross. That alright with you?"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home