rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Off to the Vet

Grendel doesn't know it, but his days of raging hormones and teenage randiness are soon ending. We're off to the vet tonight to have the evil deed performed. He has to spend the night so the good folks at the clinic can perform some tests before his nuts succumb to the dreaded laser scalpel.

It's probably a good thing. Grendel has been a little bugger. He's the canine equivalent of a teenager now. Which means he's testing all of his boundaries. Piss and vinegar is a volatile combination, and it's coursing through his veins along with testosterone and all those other male hormones that make many male teenagers crazy. Male teenagers of any species. At least all the ones I've ever seen. Myself included.

It can't come a moment too soon as far as I'm concerned. The little fugger seems to think that people's forearms make an alluring target for his lewd advances. It's pretty embarrassing to have a chihuahua trying to grapple with your wrist and get jiggy on your elbow. I've got to grab him and throw him in the crate to let him simmer down. I like to have my friends visit, but I'm sure they will be reluctant if they know a wee canine is going to try to hump their forearm. It sounds a little draconian perhaps, but civility dictates that we resort to these measures.

Adieu testicles. Like the old joke, if Grendel can't find his chew toys, he'll have nothing to play with.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 p.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    well, i think he'll be a better dog for it.

    i am minded of a time you told me that eighteen year old men were nothing but walking life support systems for their penises.

    i have seen no reason to disagree but i would argue that the age range is more like 5-105

    :)

     
  • At 12:19 p.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    The Greeks used to put their young men on lettuce and dandelion leaves to calm their blood during their hormone season, hence the name "salad days".

    Poor Grendel ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home