rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Handsome Jack

It appears that Whycocomagh has finally started her blog. I feel kinda brutish at the moment, because she's found herself a lovely blog layout, and she's written a profile for herself, and that's it. I've urged her to start a blog, because she's a writer, and usually has some pretty incisive things to say. Now that all the ground work is in place, her blog sits there with one sad little post with nothing in it.

Am I a secretly a bully? I sure hope not. Maybe bully is too strong a word, but there's a fine line between encouragement and bullying.

To make matters worse, I've stuck my tongue out and made a comment on her empty blog post. Jeez... I'm sure her incisiveness will appear and tell me what a knucklehead I am.

When there is some actual content, I'll do the right thing and make a link on my sidebar.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:45 a.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    heh
    it's hard to know when to link your friends, don't want to offend them, don't want to ignore them, don't want to link a blog with nothing on it.

     
  • At 10:03 a.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    okay, okay, already ... I'm just having a few issues trying to figure out how this Blog thing works. I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the lamp. For one thing, I can't get pictures to upload, at least not from work, which is probably because we have a gazillion security features on our system. Geez, you'd think we were in a government office with top secret stuff laying around or something.

     
  • At 8:25 a.m., Blogger othercat said…

    There's a package called Picasa that you can install that makes it easy to upload pictures to a blog. Give that a whirl. Unless the techies are killjoys and won't let you put anything on your system.

     
  • At 10:05 a.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    What's not good for uploading is also not good for downloading. I attempted the Picasa download already here at the office - unsuccessfully - which only goes to show that I should be working, not mucking around with personal stuff. However, the web gods did allow me to upload a pic from home base. Now I just have to think up something to say :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home