rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tulum or bust

Hello everyone. PJ and I just got back from Tulum, a Mayan ruin on the coast of the Yucutan peninsula. We were ably guided by a knowledgeable fellow named Angel. He pointed out all of the salient bits and explained the history of the city.

Tulum was a small center of commerce and religeous worship during the classical period, and fell into decline after the ninth century AD. I will be sure to post some pictures upon my return to Canada so you can have a peek.

If you ever get a chance to come to the Riviera Maya, it is well worth visiting. It is a little less famous than Chichen Itza, but it is closer to all of the resorts on the coast. I'm inclined to be quite lazy this time out. I didn´t want to endure a two hour bus ride to get to Chichen Itza, so Tulum will have to suffice.

I´m off to the pool for a few cervezas and a swim. Hasta la vista blogfans.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 a.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    dayumm

    me is jealous... and SO GLAD you're having a relaxing time. can't think of anyone who needs it more

    (shut up i know i do, i just can't pay for it :)

     
  • At 9:10 a.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    You made it all the way to the Yucatan but couldn't get to Chichen Itza ... geez man. Think of what you could have seen on the bus along the way ... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home