rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Happy Fuffbay PJ

PJ turns 40-sumthin today. He's never too thrilled about getting older, but I thought I'd better get him a present anyway. He won't read this blog until later, if at all, so I can tell the whole world at large that he's getting a how-to book, a tiny bowl and a harness for Grendel, a yet-to-be acquired chihuahua.

I'm really worried, because not only have I caved in to the request for a chihuahua, but I've gone and purchased supplies for the little fugger already.

The harness is the clincher though. To look at it, it's hard to imagine that some dogs are made small enough to fit inside these things, but the PetsMart store has several of them on hand. I guess there are dogs that tiny. The entire harness is a flimsy looking thing with a plastic retainer to hold it all together. There can't be more than 30 or so centimeters of material on the harness, and it's supposed to fit around the dog's neck and thorax.

My neighbour Bill, who takes care of Spot on occasion, has the same reservations about the little dog as I do. Bill has spent several years coaching hockey, and he's worried that people's perceptions of him may change if he's caught walking a chihuahua down the street. Hockey coaches should never be required to walk chihuahuas should they? Us red blooded males are under siege by a bunch of tiny canines that any SELF RESPECTING MAN would be inclined to ignore and deny it's status as a canine entirely. They are snapping at our heels and we're running in terror, metaphorically speaking.

What's the world coming to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home