rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Good Doctor

I went to the doctor today to have him kick the tires and check the fluids. He was a nice old geezer with an excellent bedside manner, and despite the discomfort his procedure invoked, he got it over quickly and explained everything he was doing.

The good news is, I don't have anything I need to worry about. I had some vague notion that I had something seriously wrong with my innards. He worked his magic, and told me he was quite certain that I was suffering from something commonplace and readily treated. I have to visit him a couple more times to finish it off, but otherwise, I'm doing ok.

Which brings me to my main point. Sometimes I worry too much about stuff. I invent fiction to explain what's going on in my life in the worst possible light, and no sooner are these crazy thoughts formulated, they are dashed to pieces by common sense and a bit of insight. Usually someone else's insight by the way. Left to my own devices, I'd probably think I had minutes to live. Then the good doctor comes along and says "You're fine. Give your head a shake!"

Thank goodness for expertise and the kindness of others I say. It is always good to have reassurances from friends and experts that all is well with the world.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:38 a.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    damn dude i could not have put it any better myself... thank goodness for the rationality of others!

    also, glad you're healthy!

    when are we hanging out? also i want to introduce you and pj to okcupid guy, he's right up your alley

     

Post a Comment

<< Home