rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Monday, October 17, 2005

I musta banged my head

In the immortal words of Britney Spears, "Oops, I did it again."

I was trolling through the debris at the flea market the other day, looking at all the landfill, when I happened upon an acoustic guitar. The old geezer selling it made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and I am now the proud owner of a Hyundai guitar. PJ shook his head as he forked over the ninety bucks, and we trudged to the park at St James Cathedral to sip some coffee and check out our new purchases. I didn't even know Hyundai made guitars, but wotthehell.

It's a wonky little thing, but it is in good shape. As guitars go, it plays relatively in tune. I figure that my guitar playing prowess is no great shakes anyway, so what do I need with a top notch instrument anyway. If any real guitarists show up at my pad, at least I can hand them an instrument while I grab something else from my growing collection to make noise with.

What was I thinking? I'm a saxophonist. At least PJ bought a history book, and he's an historian. Geez....

1 Comments:

  • At 12:53 a.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    damn dude
    you are ADDICTED to buying musical noisemakers

    i tell you it's like you want to be Prince when you grow up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home