rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Damp Campers



Greetings everyone. Sass and I survived our foray this past weekend. Hurricane Ernesto didn't amount to a whole lot after all. We had gusts of wind, but my tenure as a boy scout held me in good stead. The shelters were rock solid, and the only thing that got dampened was our spirits when we realized that we weren't going for a swim.

We rolled into the conservation area about 6:30 pm on Friday, and we got our tents and shelter setup promptly. At that point we dived into our massive cache of food, and "ahem" apple juice. There was an alcohol ban in the campground, so we deemed our supplies Irish apple juice, Scottish apple juice, and French apple juice.

We found that a lot of folks either cancelled their plans to camp on account of the wet weather, or the park is largely empty at this point in the season. For whatever reason, we were quite isolated except for the pair of Hillsiders and their two dogs Bear and Sadie in the next campsite. Otherwise, there was no one around to disturb our tranquility. Sadie came by to visit a few times, and despite the fact she's a bitch, she proved to be quite friendly.

It was nice. I put my watch away on Friday, and didn't have to care what time it was until this morning when we had to break camp and leave. I enjoyed just sitting around, reading, drinking my "apple juice" and going for a few casual strolls through the park. It was about time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home