rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

HOWTO : Get Back At Sony For DRM’in Your Music

1. Write this on the biggest rock or brick that you can lift -

“BY ACCEPTING THIS BRICK THROUGH YOUR WINDOW, YOU ACCEPT IT AS IS AND AGREE TO MY DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS WELL AS DISCLAIMERS OF ALL LIABILITY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE INSTALLATION OF THIS DEVICE INTO YOUR BUILDING.”

2. And then hurl it through the window of a Sony officer.

3. and run like hell.

Source - Bash.org

*****

I couldn't help myself. This little tidbit is worth reprinting. I dislike the idea of DRM. What ever happened to the notion of trust? If I like the music, I'll purchase a legitimate copy. This little HOWTO is a reprint, and I'm only passing it on. Be suspicious of the companies that sell you music media and limit your ability to use it fairly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home