rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Wasting Gasoline


I feel so guilty when I hop in the car and drive aimlessly for a few hours. But, a man's gotta do what he's gotta do. I take the public transit enough that I can justify a sunday drive once in a while. We passed by Archy's place, but his humans had company so we kept on truckin'. Besides, we didn't have Grendel along for the ride. Eventually, Sass and I ended up in Manilla, ON for some ice cream. I had two scoops of "moose tracks" while Sass had a scoop of some deadly chocolate, and the moosey stuff. We're Canadian, so it's quite alright to eat ice cream while there are snow flurries whirling about in the air.



We followed the rising moon until we were north of Lake Scugog somewhere, and then we turned around to head back into the city. It was a pleasant afternoon of rambling and rubbernecking. The best part is, the trees are bare, and we could see for miles. The fall colours are long gone and the earth is laid bare before our eyes.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:24 p.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    Gasoline well wasted Other. What a gorgeous picture of the moon rising over field and barn. God will be pleased with that one.

     
  • At 9:51 p.m., Blogger othercat said…

    Thanx Jack. I will have to kidnap you the next time I head out for a gas wasting expedition. You'd be more than welcome.

     
  • At 1:03 a.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    thanks jack, i'm proud of that shot myself :)

    and you know, it was a great day... you really should come along some time!

     
  • At 11:28 a.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    Yes indeed. I do enjoy a good gasoline wasting expedition myself from time to time. Thanks guys :)

     
  • At 10:05 p.m., Blogger othercat said…

    The light was kinda funky that afternoon. The sun was setting and clouds were rolling in fairly fast. I'm pleased that Sassinak got that one just hanging the camera out the window. The dirty lens didn't help any.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home