rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Adventures in Healthcare

I think I'm kinda messed up. I've been in and out of the opthalmology clinic the last couple of days, and about the only thing the good doctors can tell me is my vision isn't right. As Lari sez, it doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to figure that out.

I've been scanned, probed and bled. I've had my blood pressure checked severak times. According to the numbers, I am a healthy man. No-one can put a finger on what is wrong with my eyesight. The opthalmologists have determined that I have papillitis: An irritated optic nerve.

I had a neat test this morning to determine the optical field. The test basically shows that my right eye is only receiving input in one corner, and my left eye is compromised ever so slightly. I could have told them that without benefit of the high=tech diagnostics. Scientists want cold hard numbers though, so the test merely confirmed the awful truth with nice looking graph.

I'm back to the hospital in a few days to have another field test, so I 'm hoping the downward curve of vision loss is arrested in the meantime. The radiologiest have to do another CAT scan too. I'm hoping that the good people at the clinic can figure out what the hell's happening. All I know for certain is that my vision is worse today than it was yesterday.

On the positive side, I've got the support of my friends and a seeing-eye chihuahua to keep me from grief. I'll keep you posted, if you keep your fingers crossed. Sound like a fair deal?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:05 p.m., Blogger sassinak said…

    othercat is in the hospital and *i* have pictures!

    *muhahahahahahaha*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home