rambling othercat

I'm a 40 sumthin' computer geek. I like to barmp my sax with the band on thursday nights. I live in Toronto with my partner, and Grendel, a chihuahua.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Knees for the Needy

Damn it all. I'm getting sore from all this physical stuff I'm up to.

I was walking down the street this afternoon, minding my own business when all of a sudden, my left knee did something I've never experienced before. It just started aching like mad for no obvious reason. I had to stop walking at my usual pace (reasonably quick) and adopt a slower one. My knee started buckling as I strolled down the street, and I had no control over it. I felt like an old geezer.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask. I've been working pretty seriously for three years now on getting my sorry butt in some kind of shape. I've been good. I'm working out at least twice a week and usually more. I have tried some new things that are all non impact exercise, and my left knee has to go and do this.

At this rate, I'm going to be in excellent shape, just in time to fall completely to pieces. Fuggit. I think I just have to watch my knee, and keep on going.

Just like Grendel's orchids, some things are missing but the important parts remain.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:18 p.m., Blogger Handsome Jack said…

    I too have contracted an interesting (albeit painful) ailment that came upon me in the same sudden fashion as your knee collapse. Called Plantar Fasciitis ... it's caused from too much walking. Lord help us, decrepitude strikes.
    When we were younger our bodies took care of us ... too much chocolate, too much beer, 2 hours sleep, no sleep, we were always fine. Times have changed. Now it is we who must take care of our bodies... and part of that seems to be not pushing them too hard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home